The Région Grand Est has adopted a regional attractiveness strategy capitalising on its strengths. It has set itself the objective of increasing prospecting actions with foreign economic decision-makers (already established or not), promoting, in particular, the academic and industrial excellence of the Grand Est region.
Hence, in terms of foreign investment decisions, the Grand Est confirms its favourable positioning in sectors with high added value :
- 1st Region for decisions in the chemicals/plastics engineering sector, and 1st ex-aequo for the drug and biotechnology industry ;
- 2nd Region for the automotive industry, its proximity to the German automotive industry forming a real European centre of the automobile ;
- 3rd Region for machinery and mechanical equipment ;
- 4th Region for electrical equipment.
It will deploy a proactive prospecting programme focused on priority themes :
- the search for opportunities to set up or expand R&D activities in resonance with its university centres of excellence ;
- the field of connected objects, a sector with very high potential, in line with the regional approach of the Factory of the Future ;
- agribusiness/agroresources to promote its agriculture-forestry, (1st agricultural region of France and 2nd for logging) ;
- logistics, especially at a high technical level, by highlighting the opportunities associated with the four border national positioning of the Grand Est in the heart of the European dynamic.
The intervention of the Region
Representative of Business France in the Grand Est, the Region mobilises an offer of support, directly and through its various relays, in receiving companies and initial support to projects with foreign capital.
The Region is also present in major international events such as the Hanover Fair or CES in Las Vegas; it assists regional companies and facilitates their prospecting in order to give them access to new markets.
- 750 km of borders with Europe
- The Grand Est is the largest border region of France. Direct proximity to major European cities
- 450,000 vehicles assembled in the region (30% of national production) with 85,000 jobs spread across 750 establishments
- 1st French region with more than €38m in value of equipment allocated to additive manufacturing