The sporting dynamics of the Grand Est is :
- 1.3 million licensees in the 14,000 clubs affiliated to a federation, and as many independent leisure sports practitioners ;
- more than 300 clubs and 1,000 top athletes to follow in all national and international competitionsJ ;
- an exceptional offer of outdoor activities throughout the year, whether in the air, on land or in water.
Internationally renowned events
The Grand Est is fully involved in the sporting perspective for 2024, offering the greatest number of people opportunities for “pleasurable” practice in terms of diversity, availability of equipment and supervision, but also by accompanying its sports enthusiasts in their sporting performance project.
The region influences through sport by hosting many international competitions on its territory, such as :
- the Internationaux de Strasbourg Tennis Tournament in May, at the foot of the European Parliament,
- the Moselle Open, in September at Les Arènes in Metz,
- stages of the Tour de France.
But the Grand Est also has all the sports, festive and tourism, etc. advantages for receiving many delegations as part of the 2024 Olympic preparation and benefiting from the international impact of the Games. The Grand Est is at the starting block, and is mobilising all the strengths of its region to make the Olympic adventure one of the main strengths of its attractiveness.
In addition to this international sports showcase, the Grand Est is also committed to the structuring and development of many Outdoor Sports, or other outdoor sports activities, often practised independently as a leisure activity, but which nevertheless contribute to the well-being and tourist promotion of the area (hiking, climbing, mountain biking, skiing, sailing, kite-surfing, hang-gliding, parachuting, etc.).
Many places offer a very wide range, such as water sports at the Lacs du Der, Madine and Gérardmer, air sports at Chambley airfield and winter sports in the Vosges, or the many hiking routes or mountain biking and other mountaineering sites.
Links to websites
- CREPS de Reims
- CREPS de Nancy
- CREPS de Strasbourg
- Regional Olympic and Sports Committee (CROS) of the Grand Est
- Maison Régionale des Sports
- Internationaux de Strasbourg
- Moselle Open